Thursday, August 23, 2007

Observations on a day in NYC

I was charged a service fee while buying a concert ticket at a box office. I am assuming the service was in actually handing them to me.

Sometimes moths can be so stubborn, even when you’re trying to just help them get out the window. I kept thinking to myself, you can fly around that lamp all you want, it won’t save you. But I can. Simply alight on this paper towel, and you’re as good as free. Can’t you see that?

The guy that was screaming to himself on the subway was wearing socks with flip-flops. I had an urge to tell him that this was not the way it was usually done, but since he was screaming in another language, I didn’t think he’d understand me.

There are advertisements all over the subways about Jerry Orbach, the late actor, who donated his eyes after he died. It says that “his greatest role was that of eye donor.” Did Jerry know they were going to say that? I thought he was pretty good as the dad in Dirty Dancing.

Turkey sandwiches can soothe, making you forget all about the injustices of modern ticket surcharges.

Rudy’s is still the best bar in NYC until someone proves otherwise.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger erik & joel said...

god bless Rudy's and the pig that protects all of the bar's inhabitants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home