Monday, July 07, 2008

Tough Plant Love

I’m concerned about my plants.

They are on my balcony, so all four of them get plenty of sun and water. Maybe they get too much, I don’t know. I gave them new terracotta pots, nutrient-rich soil mixture, everything a happy plant could want.

But they still don’t look good at all. In fact, despite my best efforts, my balcony looks like the botanical equivalent of a methadone clinic. I am not going to put a picture up because I don’t want to be judged.

In any event, I’m not giving up. I think I’m going to try to start talking to them next. Or berating them, because I am starting to take this personally. I wonder what my neighbors would think if they saw me calling my hibiscus a weak, self-indulgent prima donna.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Phil,

I just got the internet at home and going through my e-mails that had arrived since I lost my job, I found this.

I hope you are well and I certainly hope that your plants are doing better than described in your blog.

I wish you well and look forward to seeing you.
Love,
Terry

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger SwimBikeRun said...

I actually already talked to them, and they are the ones calling you weak.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger SwimBikeRun said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way those plants will ever respect you is if you give them a severe tongue lashing.

Not only will they thank you for it later but they shall name you their new god..."ChloroPhil".

Love,
Katie Q.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home