Thursday, April 20, 2006

Gimme Five!!

Today is National High-Five Day.

I didn't even know that it existed. Who makes this crap up? I mean, it just seems so trivial, right? After all, think of the state that the world is in. War, disease, famine. Plus, my back is sore. I just bought some shoes that don't really fit (damn it!). My room is a mess. I live with a cat that loves me into insomnia. My bank card won't work. My job could be gone tomorrow. I think Michael Bolton sucks. Is it me or does Pink look like Annie Lennox on steroids? Did that person really need to run into me on the subway? People are so rude.

But today is National High-Five day. So, maybe I'll start high-fiving people for no reason. Maybe they'll look at me like I'm crazy, and maybe I'll like that. Maybe I'll see a six year old and play the old "Up high, down low... too slow!" game with them. Maybe they'll be too fast for me. Maybe I'll try the fist bump, the shake and flick, the behind-the-back five, the paddycake-cookin'-on-the-grill. Maybe I just made that last one up.

Maybe I'll do all of these things. Maybe I'll do none. But it's sunny outside, it's a Thursday, and my back's not that bad - it seems like a fine day for fivin'.

Or at least to be reminded that I can. And maybe it's been a little too long since I have.

Hey! Up high. Down low. Too.....

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger SwimBikeRun said...

At 5:30 your time . . .throw one up in the air and I'll do the same. Coast to Coast 5 is so hot right now.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Are you on drugs?

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't deny your love for Bolton. You can still rattle off at least half a dozen songs he sang. I witnessed it firsthand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home