Friday, May 26, 2006

An Introduction and a Meeting are in order


I'd like to introduce you to Jack Yatchenko. I can't wait to meet him.

Jack was born on Wednesday, May 24th to my sister Anne and her husband Artour. He's a good lookin' fella, yes? Well, he's wearing a pink beanie, but he still looks sharp. Six pounds, 15 ounces of ladies-look-out sharp.

We talked on the phone shortly after he was born. I said 'Hi Jack!' and he said 'ahhhhhhhh!'. I couldn't really understand what he was saying, because he's so young and can't speak English, but it sounded a little bit like Donna Summer. Not that he was singing, really -- it's just that he had that passion in his voice just like Donna did in "She Works Hard For the Money".

He's already a Steelers fan, I bet. I just know he's gonna love Hines Ward as much as I do. And I know he's only a scant few years from loving macaroni and cheese, just like me. It seems like we have a lot in future-common.

I have no idea who he looks like yet. My mom says he looks like 'us'. My dad thinks that by 'us' she means 'the human race'. I think he looks like a slightly red, toothless version of Ben Kingsley. But maybe all babies look like Ben Kingsley.

Anyway, what do I know? I'm just his uncle that lives in New York, looking for a way to spout off pride until I get to see him in person. And I guess I just want to say welcome to Jack. Jack McCluskey Yatchenko. My nephew.

I can't remember wanting to meet/introduce someone more.

6 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Uncle Phil, your officially old.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

melted butter and some tongs.....classic.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger SwimBikeRun said...

If he's a McCluskey, I hope he gets used to that bald head. Sorry, had to be done. Bell's been taking the bald jokes for years, so deal with it.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one fully cooked baby. Congrats Uncle Phil.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great name! he'll surely make the motherland proud!!!

e

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he's anything like the rest of us Geminis, at least two personalities have just been added to the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home