Friday, May 16, 2008

Feline Fashion, Digital Dominance

Sometimes the Internet can make me so frustrated.

I was looking for a picture of those regtangular deli napkins online, so that I could post a rant on here about how pathetically feeble napkins are at most delis. You can practically see through them, so wispy and insubstantial are they. After wiping but a small piece of muffin shrapnel from my mouth, they are spent, worthless, already shriveled in ineffectuality. Anyway, I searched on Google Images and.... nothing.

You can imagine my indignation, and its righteousness. Are you telling me that there is NO ONE on this planet who has taken a digital picture of a solitary deli napkin on a dark background so as to provide the proper contrast and posted on the Internet for me to copy and use for my own purposes? Is that what I am being led to believe here?

But I can’t stay mad at the Internet. As I’m roiling in my own acrid ire, I remember something. Oh, that was so long ago. That little rest stop on the superhighway that I didn’t expect. A diamond in the digital rough. Like a stunning sunrise or a clown being kicked in the groin, it still makes me smile.

It is practical: “It is made from bright green felt cloth, and the big eye of a frog is attached.”
It is dramatic: “The cat which became a hood figure is likely to have a broom at any moment...”
It is poetic: “"I am the feeling which became a daughter."


Ladies and Gentleman, it is…..

The Best Site on the Internet.

That is a challenge. If there is a better site anywhere on the World Wide Web, I challenge you find it and send it to me. Godspeed, good reading, and please photo your cat lovelily with much trouble. Thank you.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate cats. But I hate the owners that buy these even more! What the hell??

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

For every fiber in your body that loves this site, there are at least 1 million cats who absolutely despise it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home