Monday, February 13, 2006

Can & apostrophe T

There are things and people that can't. They simply can't.

For instance, 30 inches of snow in New York City in a matter of hours can't be normal.

The dog that I sometimes see being walked on my street can't be wearing little green galoshes to match its little doggie rainjacket. And its owner can't be serious.

The train can't fit one more human being. The guy next to me on the train can't really be trying to practice calligraphy while standing up at rush hour. I can't, and won't, critique his kaisho technique.

I can't have been sitting in a cube again today after nearly 9 months spent gleefully away.

But it did, it was, god-help-me she is, it somehow does, he definitely is, I just couldn't, and sweet mother of God I was. The city streets are buzzing again despite the ubiquitous slush, and I'm grinning. Why?

Because I can't not.

3 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger SwimBikeRun said...

most of this is good, adn all of it is necesary. That I understand. It must be surreal. I'm jsut happy to know you'r ein that city.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chuckles! I can't not laugh! Me

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like good times all around. I heard you've joined the coney island polar bear club. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home